PRP hair injections
PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma Procedure. It is a regenerative medicine technique that involves autologous injections. The procedure uses plasma from the same patient’s own blood with blood particles – platelets – concentrated in it. When this plasma is injected into the skin, the platelets release a number of growth factors. These lead to biostimulation of the skin and its follicles, faster regeneration and the formation of new blood vessels. This treatment is probably the most natural method of stimulating hair growth.
The results of the PRP procedure not only allow you to enjoy natural hair growth on your scalp, but also help you to regain your confidence.
“Sapiegos Clinic” uses safe, certified ” REGENLAB“, “Endoret PRGF” and “ARTREX-PRP” methods to obtain the highest concentration of platelets and release growth factors.
Why choose PRP?
Hair loss is usually caused by a lack of scalp cell renewal. Thus, PRP therapy is an excellent choice as it stimulates the production of new healthy cells. It is a simple and completely natural treatment method.
The procedure involves taking a small amount of blood, like a normal blood test, and using a local anaesthetic (ointment), so there is very little discomfort. PRP ensures safe and reliable results and a very fast recovery period.
Advantages of the PRP procedure
- Thicker and healthier natural looking hair;
- Noticeably faster hair growth;
- Production of new healthy cells;
- Reduced hair dystrophy and burning/itching sensation;
- Can be used as a safe and effective treatment for Alopecia Areata (AA).
Am I a suitable candidate?
Both men and women can be treated with PRP injections:
- Treating androgenic (over-the-head) hair thinning;
- Occurrence of hair loss after COVID-19 infection;
- As an adjunctive method in the treatment of scarring alopecia (e.g. planopilar lichen planus);
- PRP can be contained in a single cocktail with hyaluronic acid. This would be an appropriate treatment approach for dry, flaky skin with follicular atrophy.
It should be noted that treatment with autologous PRP injections is not recommended for people taking oral medications or diagnosed with infectious or oncological diseases.
If you have problems with hair loss or thinning, we recommend that you consult a dermatovenereologist. During the consultation, the doctor will evaluate the individual situation of your hair loss and thinning, draw up a test and treatment plan, and select procedures.
Before the procedure
During the procedure
After the procedure
Before PRP procedure
The first step is consultation with a dermatovenerologist. During the consultation:
- Your problems and situation are discussed;
- A microscopic examination of the hair and scalp;
- An assessment of your health (history taking) is carried out to identify the causes of your hair loss and a treatment plan is developed together with you;
- You have the opportunity to clarify your concerns and ask the doctor questions about your complaints;
- All possible treatment options are discussed, costs are estimated and the number of treatments – the course – is prescribed.
The doctor gives a detailed presentation of the PRP procedure, discussing the risks and benefits.
During PRP procedure
PRP is made from components of your own blood.
- The PRP procedure usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes;
- 30-60 ml blood is drawn from a vein in your arm;
- The tube containing your blood is then placed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge spins to separate the platelets from the rest of the blood components and produces 3-6 ml of platelet-rich plasma;
- Concentrated platelets and growth factor components are injected into the scalp by microinjection.
After PRP procedure
After the PRP procedure, you can immediately return to your normal daily routine, as there are no residual effects after the procedure. It is recommended to avoid physical activity and alcohol for the first day.
The procedure is repeated every 4 weeks for about 4-6 months.
The results of the PRP procedure can usually be seen:
- Often, hair loss is reduced after just 1-2 treatments;
- Regrowth, an increase in hair density, is noticeable after 1-2 months.
PRP (Plasmolifting) for hair loss and thinning